Working with WebGL can be tricky and a simple thing that’s overlooked is hosting a WebGL app locally for debugging. I’ll share 2 easy ways to host a WebGL build locally below.
1. Unity’s Build-and-Run
- This one is the easiest.
- All you have to do is go to
Build Settings -> WebGL -> Build and Run
- Unity will host a temporary local sever for your app once it builds!
2. Using Python
- Install python
- Change directory to where your Unity WebGL Build resides
- Run the following command:
python3 -m http.server 9090
- This will host a local http server on port 9090
P.S I tried getting this working using Docker, but it wasn’t as easy as copying the files into an